MASTERY PRESENTATION TAPER
Scientific Anglers Mastery Series Smooth Floating flyline: MPX
For years, the gold standard in the Scientific Anglers lineup was the GPX taper. From tossing small dries to slinging huge streamers, the GPX could do it all. But all good things must come to an end.
Built a half-size heavy, the MPX taper starts where the GPX left off. Redesigned with more mass toward the front of the head, the MPX provides the same benefits of the GPX, with an added emphasis on presentation. The power is still there, only with an added bit of finesse.
Meet your new best friend and the best all-around fly line Scientific Anglers have ever made.
This line taper has been modified from the original GPX line and has made this the ultimate presentation line. It is built a half line weight heavier than the stated line weight to help load fast action rods and turn over large flies. It has the improved AST slickness now called ST+ which keeps the line slick. As the outer coat wears the additive keeps coming through, this continues during the lines life time.
* Excellent for dry flies, nymphs and streamers.
* Line Identification printed on the line so no guessing when you swap spools.
* Welded Loops on both ends
* Best with our moderate to cold climates.
* An awesome all-around freshwater line
* Improved version of the GPX taper
* Built a half-size heavy to load rods and turn over large flies easily
* Excellent with dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
* Braided multifilament core
* NZ available: WF5 - WF9
* Special Order: WF3 & WF4
Colour: Rear Taper and Running line: Amber. Belly and Front Taper: Willow
SA ID - SA MS MPX WF x F (x = line weight)
LINE WEIGHT HEAD LENGTH TOTAL LENGTH GRAIN WEIGHT*
WF-3-F 31.5’ / 9,6m 90.0’ / 27,4m 110gr / 7,1g
WF-4-F 33.5’ / 10,2m 90.0’ / 27,4m 130gr / 8,5g
WF-5-F 35.5’ / 10,8m 90.0’ / 27,4m 150gr / 9,8g
WF-6-F 37.5’ / 11,4m 90.0’ / 27,4m 175gr / 11,3g
WF-7-F 39.5’ / 12,0m 90.0’ / 27,4m 200gr / 13,0g
WF-8-F 41.5’ / 12,6m 90.0’ / 27,4m 225gr / 14,6g
WF-9-F 43.5 / 13,3m 90.0’ / 27,4m 260gr / 16,8g
* Grain weight for the first 30'
Request More Information
Details of the product above will be automatically included with your enquiry.